Yes, one can configure the GS-911wifi to connect to the hotspot on your mobile phone, which means you can perform service functionality anywhere where there is mobile data coverage. Here are the steps in order to achieve this:
- Navigate to your phone's Hotspot menu, and get the Hotspot name and password (including all apostrophes etc). On an iPhone the hotspot name can be found in the menu under General -> About -> Name
- Write down or remember both the hotspot name and password
- Plug in your GS-911wifi to your bike's diagnostic port and turn on the ignition so that it powers up
- On the GS-911wifi, ensure D2D mode is active. Press the red button to toggle from Infrastructure mode if required. The right-most LED should be ON (under the two WiFi symbols facing each other)
- On your phone open the WiFi menu and look for your GS-911wifi's network in the list (the network name should be GS911_[last 4 or 5 digits of the serial number of GS-911wifi], example GS911_7243
- Once connected to the device's network, use the GS911 IOS or Android launcher app to locate and navigate to the device. Alternatively open a browser and navigate to http://10.0.0.1
- After connecting to the web browser of the GS-911wifi, navigate to WiFi setup -> Add network manually. In this page you enter the network name of your hotspot into the SSID/Network name field, then select WPA/WPA2 encryption, then enter the password of your hotspot into the passphrase field
- After these details have been confirmed to be correct, select Save at the bottom of the page.
- On your phone, turn on the mobile hotspot and press the red button on the GS-911wifi so that the middle LED starts blinking. If the details that was entered in step 7 was correct, the GS-911wifi should connect to the hotspot.
- Once connected, use the GS911 IOS or Android launcher app to locate and navigate to the device. Alternatively use a browser to navigate to http://gs911_XXXX.local (with the XXXX being the last 4 or 5 digits of the device serial number, for example http://gs911_7243.local
- You should now have cloud access on your GS-911wifi without the need for a WiFi router
The wifi module type in the GS-911 determines the Wifi network compatibility according to the Wifi Specifications.
Cloud service functions always require the latest version of the firmware. You may be required to upgrade.
If the mobile signal on the phone is too weak, cloud functions might time out or not load at all.